27 April 2005

School Sports Day

i so can't believe that the University has put on a School Sports Day for us, full of school classics as:

Saack Race
3 Legged Race
Wheel Barrow Race
Egg and Spoon
Tug Of War
etc

Though, we never did any of that at school - not even primary, we did proper sports day stuff like running, and throwing and relay, and my event - the skipping race. I remember i used to win that every year, and one year i got beaten by Lisa Parker who also lived down my street. Ooh i was green with envy. i came 2nd that year, so the following year i was hungry to get back to my winning form. and that year Lisa tripped over and broke her ankle, and it was nothing to do with me being in the lane next to her. i promise ;-) That year i won, and that was the last year at Primary.

At school there was coloured teams - the Yellows, Blues and Reds. I in both the yellows and reds, i swopped to reds when i got moved to the reds in the Cub Scouts. But there was songs for the teams that the others used to sing louder than other teams. For reds it was - "reds, reds, wet their beds" for yellows it was "Yellows, yellows are fat fellows" and the blues were (which was my personal favourite chant "Blues, Blues always lose, cos they use their ballet shoes" And the funny thing was that the blues did always lose, i don't think they ever did win.

2 comments:

Miriel said...

i was always really good at the three-legged race. that sounds like a blast at uni.

Stu said...

I always did something think it was the sack race I always lost got beaten by all girls,

I was crap but everyone had to take part:

I was in the blues I think