22 April 2005

I'd like to confirm the death of....

I would like to confirm the death of my laptop. It's the second time my laptop died within 6 months. So i'm having to go to the computer lab to do work. Which means people, i won't be able to go on msn until i get the laptop sorted out. But if people i know have AIM - Aol Instant Messenger - i'm on that and i can get that on the uni computers. Add my addy - SIMONSENLIS
What happened - and this is just conjecture - is that a Trojan Horse virus was slowly killing my hard drive - AGAIN, and yesterday 21/04/05 it finally attacked everything that it had got into to. Now it won't get past the Toshiba screen cos it's corrupted all my windows files, so it can't find windows - cos it aint there. So i need to rebuild it. Which will cost me like 60quid. Not a lot but its still money that i don't have.

The death of my laptop means i have lost all my work that i have done over this year at uni. I have lost over 600 photos that i have taken at uni. I have lost the poetry that i wrote over Easter that i haven't have time to post on my DeviantArt page. Lost all my music that i had recorded. I'm starting to slowly hate technology now. Bring back the pen and paper anyday.
Yesterday was a really bad day. Not only did people change their minds about going to the cinema to see The Interpreter - 5 minutes before it was due to start, but i lost a poem that i wrote in Popular Culture last week, i think i lost in a lecture, and i also got an email from my English teacher saying to go and see him to explain why i had poor attendence for the past 12 weeks. Uh-oh. Despite the beautiful weather which eradicated my SAD, but started my Hayfever - yesterday was crap. Period.

1 comment:

Miriel said...

aww suck! i'm sorry! i'm really sad about you losing the pics