23 March 2005

Help

I saw an interesting documentary this evening called SKINT on BBC one, it was about Pawn Brokers. There was this one guy that was selling the Big Issue to feed his kid, and he was telling us how he goes to this shop where he gets all the food for cheaper than what you'll ever find in the supermarkets, and he got really exicted over the fact that his son was going to get some grapes. I felt really sorry, and i don't know whether i should feel that or not, maybe he doesn't want me to feel sorry? It almost inspired me to go to Birmingham and buy the big issue off him, but alas i'll just have to buy it off some random. There's a big difference between beggers and people who are trying to do something to earn the money - and i respect the latter. So i call upon you all to buy the Big Issue next time someone on the street says "Big Issue Sir?" or "Big Issue Maam?" Help thy neighbour, don't walk on by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason I got the last 30 or so mins of that Skint program Last night:

So I will be buying a copy of the big issue now every month