22 November 2005

I've Been A Long Way From Home...But I'm Finally Returning

My original love = Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

When did i stop caring?

Since it's been off the air i've been watching very little of the show - and can probably count on two hands how many episodes i've watched since 2003 (the end of the show). So what has changed? Why have i moved on when this was such a big thing in my life? Buffy was my favourite show on earth back in the day, and at the time i couldn't think of my life without it. I remember when Buffy left Sunnydale at the end of Season 2, it hit me this show is going to end someday, and it hit me even more when Buffy died at the end of Season 5.

Maybe it's because i'm away from the environment in which i watched it - it was through high school and sixth form and now that has finished maybe it's because i'm not in the same place i was when i started and finished it. I've let SO many things escape me since i've been at Uni - and maybe that has been a really bad thing about Uni.

I know in my heart that nothing will ever replace Buffy, and i hope it doesn't.

*Sorry if it's sound sappy and that i'm run by TV but it's my blog and i'll rant if i want to*

No comments: